By Freedom of Religion South Africa (FOR SA)
It has been brought to our attention that an instagram / whatsapp message is currently doing the rounds, saying that “case in Bloemfontein High Court to keep Christianity in schools is concluded today. Christians have won the case. Glory to God.” The message is misinformed and incorrect.
There is no outcome as of yet in the OGOD vs 6 public schools case, which took place in the Johannesburg (not Bloemfontein) High Court last week. As previously reported (see https://forsa.org.za/judgment-reserved-in-ogod-case/), judgment has been reserved and it will probably take some time before there is an outcome.
Rest assured that we will advise of the outcome as soon as there is any news. In the meanwhile, we continue to pray! For updates on this and other religious freedom matters, follow FOR SA on our website at www.forsa.org.za and our Facebook page at “Freedom of Religion SA”.
Support FOR SA
Freedom of Religion South Africa (FOR SA) is dedicated to protecting and preserving the freedoms and rights that the South African Constitution has granted to the faith community. You can help FOR SA protect our freedom by:
- Praying for us as we defend this precious freedom before government and courts of law;
- Signing up (at no cost) to FOR SA at https://forsa.org.za/contact-us/join-us/ andsubscribing to our Newsletter;
- Following us, and sharing our posts, on Facebook at “Freedom of Religion SA”;
- Informing us, should you become aware of any case in which religious freedom is threatened;
- Making a financial contribution to FOR SA at https://forsa.org.za/donate/ As a non-profit organisation, we are entirely dependent upon God’s grace for finances. Your generosity will help make a significant difference as we work to fulfil our mission to keep the Gospel free by advocating for religious freedom. We appreciate every gift, big or small!