The following draft Code of Conduct for Religions in South Africa (in Afrikaans, and English respectively) has been prepared and is being circulated by the SA Council for the Protection and Promotion of Religious Rights and Freedoms (SACRRF), who was also responsible for drafting the SA Charter of Religious Rights and Freedoms that has been endorsed by all the major religions and faith groupings in South Africa. The draft Code of Conduct is really the “responsibility side” of the “rights and freedoms” already incorporated in the Charter. It is of the utmost importance that religious leaders and communities engage in this process and give input on the Code of Conduct, in the hope to establish a consensus amongst ourselves as to the ethical and other responsibilities (in broad) that underlie our freedoms
*Note: The draft (download link below) is the second (re-worked) version of the draft Code of Conduct, taking into account the comments received on the first draft. Amendments (to the first draft) are underlined in the second draft.
Support FOR SA
Freedom of Religion South Africa (FOR SA) is dedicated to protecting and preserving the freedoms and rights that the South African Constitution has granted to the faith community. You can help FOR SA protect our freedom by:
- Making a financial contribution to FOR SA at https://forsa.org.za/donate/ As a non-profit organisation, we are entirely dependent upon God’s grace for finances. Your generosity will help make a significant difference as we work to fulfil our mission to keep the Gospel free by advocating for religious freedom. We appreciate every gift, big or small!
- Signing up (at no cost) to FOR SA at https://forsa.org.za/contact-us/join-us/ and subscribing to our Newsletter.
- Praying for us as we defend this precious freedom before government and courts of law.
- Following us, and sharing our posts, on Facebook at “Freedom of Religion SA”.
- Informing us, should you become aware of any case in which religious freedom is threatened.