FOR SA is engaging with the Department of Basic Education regarding its development of a Charter for Religious Conduct in Learning Environments, that all religious organisations and practitioners will be expected to adhere to in order to prevent harmful religious practices in schools.
FOR SA travelled to Pretoria to engage with senior representatives from this Department. Our objective is primarily to ensure that in roll-out of this process, the Constitutional right to freedom of religion is respected, protected, promoted and fulfilled.
The Department subsequently wrote to say that they are “excited to find a partner in your organisation which surely has the potential to make immense contribution in the effort of ensuring balance of freedom of religion and learner safety.” We will stay involved in this process and continue to monitor and input into developing the outcomes.
Support FOR SA
Freedom of Religion South Africa (FOR SA) is dedicated to protecting and preserving the freedoms and rights that the South African Constitution has granted to the faith community. You can help FOR SA protect our freedom by:
- Praying for us as we defend this precious freedom before government and courts of law;
- Signing up (at no cost) to FOR SA at https://forsa.org.za/contact-us/join-us/ and subscribing to our Newsletter;
- Following us, and sharing our posts, on Facebook at “Freedom of Religion SA”;
- Informing us, should you become aware of any case in which religious freedom is threatened;
- Making a financial contribution to FOR SA at https://forsa.org.za/donate/ As a non-profit organisation, we are entirely dependent upon God’s grace for finances. Your generosity will help make a significant difference as we work to fulfil our mission to keep the Gospel free by advocating for religious freedom. We appreciate every gift, big or small!