By Adv Nadene Badenhorst, Legal Counsel of FOR SA
Comments have been invited on the Civil Union Amendment Bill, which seeks to force State-employed marriage officers – potentially against their conscience and religious beliefs – to solemnize same-sex marriages. (For more information, see https://forsa.org.za/comment-invited-on-the-civil-union-amendment-bill/)
FOR SA has prepared a pro forma submission to assist religious organisations and/or individuals who wish to object to the Bill, in doing so. (A copy of the Bill can be viewed at www.forsa.org.za/document-library, folder “Civil Union Amendment Bill”). Below is a link to the Word document.
The deadline for comments on the Bill, is 28 April 2018. Comments can be submitted to email@example.com and cc’d to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please feel free to bcc FOR SA into the email, at email@example.com).
Support FOR SA
Freedom of Religion South Africa (FOR SA) is dedicated to protecting and preserving the freedoms and rights that the South African Constitution has granted to the faith community. You can help FOR SA protect our freedom by:
- Making a financial contribution to FOR SA at https://forsa.org.za/donate/ As a non-profit organisation, we are entirely dependent upon God’s grace for finances. Your generosity will help make a significant difference as we work to fulfil our mission to keep the Gospel free by advocating for religious freedom. We appreciate every gift, big or small!
- Signing up (at no cost) to FOR SA at https://forsa.org.za/contact-us/join-us/ and subscribing to our Newsletter.
- Praying for us as we defend this precious freedom before government and courts of law.
- Following us, and sharing our posts, on Facebook at “Freedom of Religion SA”.
- Informing us, should you become aware of any case in which religious freedom is threatened.