24 February 2022
Freedom of Religion South Africa (FOR SA) wishes to express its sincere thanks and best wishes to Advocate Nadene Badenhorst who will be stepping out of her role as FOR SA’s full-time Legal Counsel from the end of February 2022, to give herself full-time to the work and ministry of Joshua Generation Church and the Four12 global partnership of churches. (While Nadene will no longer play a day-to-day role in FOR SA, she will remain on the FOR SA Board of Directors and will thus continue to make a meaningful contribution in this way).
Nadene has been involved in FOR SA since its inception and her legal expertise and experience has made a huge contribution in pushing back against Government policy, legislation and Court cases that would otherwise have radically limited the freedom of every individual to freely share and live out their faith.
For the past eight years, she has diligently and consistently worked to protect and promote the religious freedom rights guaranteed by our Constitution. Although Nadene’s skills and acumen will be greatly missed on a day to day basis, she has helped the FOR SA team to build a solid foundation for its vital mission and mandate. In the past few years, FOR SA has:
- Built up an exceptionally skilled team of attorneys and advocates who remain invaluable in assisting us in the fight for faith and freedom.
- Established direct relationships with senior religious leaders across the faith spectrum of South Africa, enabling us to gain the support of as many as 18,5 million people for the freedom of religion positions we have taken.
- Built up a solid relationship with both secular and religious media, making us the “go to” organisation for comment on religious freedom issues, conducting hundreds of TV and radio interviews every year and writing extensively on the topics of interest and concern.
- Developed a lobby capacity, resulting in tens of thousands of people and organisations engaging in the democratic process by making submissions on, amongst others, the PEPUDA Amendment Bill and the Hate Speech Bill.
- Established contacts in multiple political parties and within Government departments and institutions who we regularly contact and lobby on religious matters.
Thank you for your prayers for Nadene in this new season – and for your continued support and partnership with FOR SA as we continue to stand for our vital religious freedom rights!
Support FOR SA
FOR SA is dedicated to protecting and preserving the freedoms and rights that the South African Constitution has granted to the faith community.
Please consider supporting the work of FOR SA to protect our constitutional right to enjoy the freedom of religion by:
- Making a financial contribution to FOR SA at https://forsa.org.za/donate/ As a non-profit organization, we are entirely dependent upon God’s grace for finances. Your generosity will help make a significant difference as we work to fulfill our mission to keep the Gospel free by advocating for religious freedom. We appreciate every gift, big or small!
- Signing up (at no cost) to FOR SA at https://forsa.org.za/contact-us/join-us/ and subscribing to our Newsletter.
- Praying for us as we defend this precious freedom before the government and courts of law.
- Following us, and sharing our posts, on Facebook at “Freedom of Religion SA”.
- Informing us, should you become aware of any case in which religious freedom is threatened.