The CRL Rights Commission (CRL) has ignored reason and the voice of the Church and is proceeding with its agenda to enforce what is effectively State regulation and control of all religion in South Africa.
Following their presentation of the Final Report to the COGTA Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on 27 June, we have been advised that the COGTA Committee will be meeting again on 23 August to discuss the Report and the way forward.
It is absolutely crucial that religious communities make their voices heard on this issue to COGTA as soon as possible but by no later than 21 August. For details (including a “sample submission”), see: http://forsa.org.za/alert-crl-rights-commissions-proposed-licensing-of-religion-in-sa/
We encourage you to distribute the above link as far and wide as possible – it is time for the Church to stand up, show up and speak up!
Support FOR SA
Freedom of Religion South Africa (FOR SA) is dedicated to protecting and preserving the freedoms and rights that the South African Constitution has granted to the faith community. You can help FOR SA protect our freedom by:
- Praying for us as we defend this precious freedom before government and courts of law;
- Signing up (at no cost) to FOR SA at http://forsa.org.za/contact-us/join-us/and subscribing to our Newsletter;
- Following us, and sharing our posts, on Facebook at “Freedom of Religion SA”;
- Informing us, should you become aware of any case in which religious freedom is threatened;
- Making a financial contribution to FOR SA at http://forsa.org.za/donate/As a non-profit organisation, we are entirely dependent upon God’s grace for finances. Your generosity will help make a significant difference as we work to fulfill our mission to keep the Gospel free by advocating for religious freedom. We appreciate every gift, big or small!