In a recent blog, FOR SA raised concerns about a new Inclusivity Policy for Sexual Orientation that is being prepared and circulated by the University of Cape Town (UCT). (See http://forsa.org.za/uct-draft-inclusivity-policy-for-sexual-orientation/)
Following the submission by His People Society to the relevant University Committee, detailing their concerns regarding the impact of the Policy on freedom of religion as well as freedom of speech, the Committee (per Prof Pierre de Vos) sent an e-mail to His People Society, effectively dismissing all their concerns.
FOR SA subsequently prepared a comprehensive response to the Committee (and copying in the Vice-Chancellor, Dr Max Price), and we are currently awaiting a reply from the University.
For more information on the UCT and transgender issue in general, see our blog – http://forsa.org.za/uct-transtrending-with-inclusivity-policy-for-sexual-orientation/
Support FOR SA
Freedom of Religion South Africa (FOR SA) is dedicated to protecting and preserving the freedoms and rights that the South African Constitution has granted to the faith community. You can help FOR SA protect our freedom by:
- Praying for us as we defend this precious freedom before government and courts of law;
- Signing up (at no cost) to FOR SA at http://forsa.org.za/contact-us/join-us/and subscribing to our Newsletter;
- Following us, and sharing our posts, on Facebook at “Freedom of Religion SA”;
- Informing us, should you become aware of any case in which religious freedom is threatened;
- Making a financial contribution to FOR SA at http://forsa.org.za/donate/As a non-profit organisation, we are entirely dependent upon God’s grace for finances. Your generosity will help make a significant difference as we work to fulfill our mission to keep the Gospel free by advocating for religious freedom. We appreciate every gift, big or small!