With reference to the blog that we put out on the new “Home Education Policy”, we realise that it has caused some panic amongst home-schooling parents. While the blog does represent what government has tried to put in place to regulate home-schooling, there are questions regarding the validity of the process and the legality of some of the provisions of the Policy.
To this end, FOR SA has already spoken with Pestalozzi Trust and will be meeting with them in the new year with a view to closer collaboration on areas of mutual interest. To the extent necessary, we will also put out a further statement after meeting with them to clarify the issues.
We encourage parents to work closely with organisations like the Pestalozzi Trust on how best to respond, particularly also in light of questions that exist around the legality of the Policy.
Support FOR SA
Freedom of Religion South Africa (FOR SA) is dedicated to protecting and preserving the freedoms and rights that the South African Constitution has granted to the faith community. You can help FOR SA protect our freedom by:
- Making a financial contribution to FOR SA at http://forsa.org.za/donate/ As a non-profit organisation, we are entirely dependent upon God’s grace for finances. Your generosity will help make a significant difference as we work to fulfil our mission to keep the Gospel free by advocating for religious freedom. We appreciate every gift, big or small!
- Signing up (at no cost) to FOR SA at http://forsa.org.za/contact-us/join-us/ and subscribing to our Newsletter.
- Praying for us as we defend this precious freedom before government and courts of law.
- Following us, and sharing our posts, on Facebook at “Freedom of Religion SA”.
- Informing us, should you become aware of any case in which religious freedom is threatened.