FOR SA received an email on August 14th, informing us that “the Portfolio Committee on COGTA will no longer be dealing with the CRL Commission Report on Regulation of Religion and Abuse of People’s Beliefs on 23 August. The committee will be postponing these meetings until 13 September 2017. The committee have put aside full days on Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14thSeptember for this engagement.”
We assume that this is because they have received a large number of submissions and requests from organisations who want to make representations in person.
If you have written already to COGTA to ask for an opportunity to make a presentation – and if you do not receive a formal communication from Ms Cassiem within the next couple of days – we recommend that you contact her again, letting her know that you have heard that the hearing has been postponed and requesting a confirmation of a date/time for you to present.
Please feel free to download the pro-forma submission that we have prepared for your convenience by clicking here.
The COGTA contact details are as follows:
Ms Shereen Cassiem
Portfolio Committee on Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs
Support FOR SA
Freedom of Religion South Africa (FOR SA) is dedicated to protecting and preserving the freedoms and rights that the South African Constitution has granted to the faith community. You can help FOR SA protect our freedom by:
- Praying for us as we defend this precious freedom before government and courts of law;
- Signing up (at no cost) to FOR SA at http://forsa.org.za/contact-us/join-us/ and subscribing to our Newsletter;
- Following us, and sharing our posts, on Facebook at “Freedom of Religion SA”;
- Informing us, should you become aware of any case in which religious freedom is threatened;
- Making a financial contribution to FOR SA at http://forsa.org.za/donate/ As a non-profit organisation, we are entirely dependent upon God’s grace for finances. Your generosity will help make a significant difference as we work to fulfil our mission to keep the Gospel free by advocating for religious freedom. We appreciate every gift, big or small!